Crowley Fuels has signed construction contracts to build a 55,000-barrel articulated tug and barge (ATB) that will serve the Western Alaska market with delivery of clean fuel products.
The tug will be constructed by Master Boat Builders of Bayou La Batre, Alabama, while the barge will be built by Gunderson Marine of Portland, Oregon. Delivery is expected in January 2021.
The shallow-draught ATB was designed by Crowley Maritime Corporation subsidiary Jensen Maritime Consultants to meet all ABS ice class and IMO Polar Code requirements.
The tug will have two General Electric 6L250 EPA Tier IV-compliant main engines as well as equipment for firefighting and oil spill response.
- US Navy completes acceptance trials of USNS Puerto Rico
- US Coast Guard cutter returns from Eastern Pacific patrols with over one tonne of seized drugs
- US Navy's Knifefish UUV cleared for low-rate initial production
- NYK orders heavy-lift vessel pair
- General Dynamics awarded US$1.63 billion contract to build additional ESBs for US Navy